Monday, July 07, 2008

Take Me Home....Country Roads

After several months of exhausting job searching, I decided to head home for two weeks to catch some R&R at home and hang out with my family. My parents drove to Minneapolis to pick up Jamie, coming in from a month May term trip in Egypt, Israel and Rome, Linsey, moving home from Boston before her move to big move to CA from grad school, and me, coming in from Dublin. It made for interesting conversation and a long-awaited reunion for the Utz girls -1 on the way home.

Linsey, Jamie, Jenna and I enjoyed our days away by playing cards, hanging a swing in the back yard, gardening, four-wheeling, laying on the hammock, learning how to make bread and cheese, running and biking on country roads, cooking, reading, watching TV.....Linsey's recent One Tree Hill obsession was unfortunately contagious, depressingly peaking at our things in storage wishing they could be put to use and spending quality time with my parents, who so graciously flew me home. Of all the places I have traveled this year, this trip was right up there!

Biking to grandma's

Dad's birthday


Seriously stuck in the mud

Bocce in the backyard

Serious nuts (a mix of solotaire and speed) tournament



No joke....this is the entrance to the EGF movie theater!

No comments:

Post a Comment