Saturday, September 05, 2009

Home Sweet Actual Home

Second of three posts, make sure to check out below this one!!!

As August came, so did a trip home for both Erin and myself. For me it was arriving home on 6 August and heading straight up to Fish Lake, home of the dangerous doublewide, otherwise known as Borgie's cabin. Give the timing for my Dallas-based client, I didn't know if I would make it but at the last minute I was able to get a plan in place to go home that weekend, and work out of the Minneapolis office for the week. Thanks for planning the weekend around my return Borg's.
Another visitor made it back for the occasion, my little sister Lins. Although not Erin, one of the four sisters will do. We just wish she would've announced to everyone at the cabin that she had a cracked rib.The cabin was good. I won't go into too many details as this is a family site. You'll just have to experience it yourself. And you'll have to ask Kaake why he was buried and the feat he accomplished while playing ant farm.That week I saw most of the guys, went to a couple Twins games, and then went up north to Gull Lake to catch up with the in-laws, who I haven't seen in WAY TOO LONG. Some would say that's a good thing...myself, I don't think so! I also got some quality time in with my mom for her birthday, my sis and bro in law and dad at the Twins game, and then my aunt Kathy had mom's side of the family over for my mom and Grandpa Barney's b-days. I definitely did a great job squeezing everyone in during the week! Even saw the Johnston and Parrish families! Congrats Pat (not sure if you would ever read this)! Mike and Emily also had a nice gathering where I got to see all the Hopkins homies for the evening; the stars even aligned where Zach, myself and Jahnks were in the same place in one night!! Thanks again for having us over!! Also thanks to Megs and Ryan for giving Erin and I a home when we are orphans in Minneapolis!
Erin got home the Monday after I did and went up North after having dinner with myself and her aunt and uncle in Northeast. Her parents must of been in heaven as all the girls were home all week long! They went to Gull lake on the Wednesday and I met up with them on Friday.
It didn't take long for the sisterly love to take effect;-) But no hard feelings...I think its safe to say with daily trips on the pontoon, lots of local beer and home-cooked food, Jeff and Jenny's little girls, and some of the best weather of the summer, the Utz' had a great time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment